There was so much hype leading into this game. The series had been so memorable that the way it ended had to be memorable as well. But that was not the case. The Caps got scored on twice in 8 seconds which is the fastest any team has scored two goals in the playoffs. Despite the beating the Caps took last night, they never gave up and the fans never stopped believing (or at least having some sort of faith).
With one minute to go in the game the Caps’ fans cheered “Let’s Go Caps” and they praised their team as they walked off the ice with their heads down. It was a great season, but just a bad way to end it.
- Check out the video recap, Melrose’s breakdown and more [ESPN]
- Find out what Ovechkin said to Crosby and Gonchar after the game and check out who was injured during the series [The Hockey News]
- Here’s some post-game quotes [Capitals Insider]
- Here’s interviews with Malkin, Varlamov, and Semin [Puck Daddy]
- So what now? What do the Caps need to do in the off-season [Capitals Insider]